“Spaghetti” Squash Pasta
1 Spaghetti Squash
Organic Butter or Olive oil
Marinara Sauce (recipe included)
1) There are two ways to prepare a Spaghetti Squash. Choose the one that is best for you.
- Cut the squash lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and then cook for 30 minutes at 375° by laying the rind side down in a baking dish. (Please note, this allows for shorter cooking time but it can be difficult to cut a raw squash)
- OR puncture the squash with a sharp knife several times and place it into a baking dish whole. Cook at 375° for 1 hour. Cut lengthwise and remove the seeds. Use caution as it will be very hot!
2) After cooking the squash and removing the seeds, simply use a fork to shred each side into a large bowl. The strands will look like spaghetti!
3) Stir in garlic, sea salt and butter or olive oil to taste.
4) Add a jar of sugar-free marinara sauce or use the recipe below to make your own.
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion
28 oz stewed tomatoes
1 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
½ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic and onions.
- Stir until soft then add remaining ingredients.
- Stir occasionally and reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over Spaghetti squash.